Certificate in Construction Law & Practice
Professional Plus Series
Intakes: January & April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A-Level
Level: Professional Development
Intakes: On Demand
Study Mode: Part Time
Duration: 2 Weekends
Professional Plus Series
The Professional Plus Series comprises comprehensive short courses designed for both undergraduates and working professionals to broaden their theoretical and practical knowledge in a specialist area of law.
Through interactive face-to-face learning facilitated by experienced practitioners and industry experts, this Series is a fitting platform for lawyers and non-lawyers who seek continuing professional development to refresh their knowledge with relevant and up-to-date insights or simply pursue an area of individual interest.
Conducted by experienced legal practitioners and industry experts, this course is specifically formulated to enable the student to gain specialist legal knowledge and understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of Construction Law within a practical context, including exposure to key legal issues and liabilities impacting the construction industry from contract formation through to dispute resolution. This includes:
- The role and responsibilities of both the design professional and the owner of construction projects, and their respective duties of care.
- The various project delivery models and when to use them.
- The key advanced issues in construction contracts, how to assess the limitations and the different alternatives available.
- The impact of recurrent issues in construction claims, including delay and impact claims and changes in scope, extras, productivity and limitations.
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: On demand
Register your interest today and we will update you when future dates are announced.
To enrol in this course, students are required to have:
- Completed Year 1 LLB, or
- Relevant qualifications and work experience, which will be considered on an individual basis
Each subject is assessed through a combination of in-course case studies and group presentations.
- Understanding the Construction Professionals Construction Contracts & Obligations
- Understanding Certificates & Defects
- Exploring Price & Variations
- Time for Performance & Consequences of Delay
- Termination, Vesting & Seizure
- Assignments, Sub-contracts & Trade Contract
- Understanding Guarantee & Bonds
All Inclusive Tuition Fee:
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. All fees are subject to change. Payments can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or instalments.